MRF Friends and Supporters:
As you know, last month both the House and Senate introduced legislation addressing motorcycle profiling. H.Res318 and S.Res.154 both define motorcycle profiling and urge states to implement practices to address this issue and condemn it. In order to advance these measures, we need more legislators to sign on!
Currently the following Members of Congress are sponsors of these bills:
- Rep. Walberg, Tim [R-MI]
- Rep. Pocan, Mark [D-WI-2]*
- Rep. Burgess, Michael C. [R-TX-26]*
- Rep. Peterson, Collin C. [D-MN-7]*
- Rep. LaHood, Darin [R-IL-18]
- Rep. Grothman, Glenn [R-WI-6]
- Rep. Nolan, Richard M. [D-MN-8]
- Rep. Zeldin, Lee M. [R-NY-1]
- Rep. Thompson, Glenn [R-PA-5]
- Rep. Brownley, Julia [D-CA-26]
- Senator Ron Johnson [R-WI]
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen [D-NH]
- Senator Angus King [I-Maine]
Please use the following link to send a pre-drafted letter to your elected officials asking them to sign on! It takes about 1 minute and will help us achieve our goal!!
Stop Motorcycle Profiling! - CQRC Engage
Increasingly, motorcyclists report feeling singled out by law enforcement officials because of their appearance, apparel, or just because they ride a motorcycle.
ALSO FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA ? FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC.
And thank you for your support!
Megan J. Ekstrom
Vice-President, Government Affairs & Public Relations
Motorcycle Riders Foundation
2221 S. Clark Street, 11th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202